McAdams Law
Legal Excellence Backed By A Record Of Success SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Call Today 212-257-9425

A 15% Change in Income Can Modify Child Support Payments

Under recent amendments to New York's Family Court Act, child support orders can be modified after three years pass or when there has been "a substantial change in circumstances." The definition of a substantial change includes shifts in income of 15% or more. However, reduced income isn't grounds for modification unless it was involuntary, and the payor attempts to secure new employment or otherwise replace the lost income. Custodial parents can utilize an ex-spouse's 15% increase in income to seek an upward modification order. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Review Us