McAdams Law
Legal Excellence Backed By A Record Of Success SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Call Today 212-257-9425

Appeal without Appealing

If you don't win against the landlord at trial, you can appeal the judge's decision. Appeals are generally a costly proposition. However, sometimes a judge refuses to sign or crosses language off a document that would put a hold on your eviction. In this instance, there is an option that offers benefits similar to an appeal, which your attorney may be able to handle for you more economically. Specifically, it is possible to take a copy of the disputed document to an Appellate Judge, and to ask for the lower court judge's decision on your papers to be reversed or modified if there are reasons that clearly show it was made in error. The Appellate Judge may adjust all or part of the lower court's decision, or may leave it intact. The advantage though is that you have avoided the expense of a full appeal. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Review Us