McAdams Law
Legal Excellence Backed By A Record Of Success SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Call Today 212-257-9425

Receive your support payments in a dedicated bank account

Instead of waiting for your ex to send you a check for money you're due every month, one option is to require a deposit in a dedicated account at a mutually acceptable bank, with branches conveniently located for both parties. The account is set up in your name only, and he or she can only make deposits. Every month on or before the specified day, a deposit is to be made in the agreed upon amount. The advantage of this arrangement is that there are no lost check issues, mail delays, and there is clear documentation as to whether payments were made on time or not. If your spouse has had a history of not paying bills in a timely manner, you may want to ask your lawyer to pursue this arrangement. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Review Us