McAdams Law
Legal Excellence Backed By A Record Of Success SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Call Today 212-257-9425

Get Maintenance and Support Retroactively

In some divorces, temporary support orders are not pursued, for a variety of reasons. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that maintenance and support won't eventually have to be paid. If you or your child receive public assistance, or you're in danger of becoming homeless, your lawyer can petition the court to order payment of maintenance and support back to the commencement date of the divorce. Alternatively, the court might authorize these payments from the time a parent or the children became eligible for public assistance. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Review Us