McAdams Law
Legal Excellence Backed By A Record Of Success SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Call Today 212-257-9425

Special Protection Against Luxury Decontrol

If you earn more than $175,000 a year for two years in a row while residing in a rent-stabilized unit, and the rent is over $2000 a month, your apartment can be destabilized. However, if your landlord is receiving tax abatements from New York City under the J51, 421-a or 421-g programs, the luxury decontrol provisions do not apply. If you are facing potential decontrol of your home, it's a good idea to check into your building's tax abatement status. Some information is available online, but since the stakes are high when you can lose your rent-regulated rights, it's a good idea to have an experienced Landlord Tenant attorney research the matter and assist you. You may also have other tenant protections as a result of the landlord's receipt of these government benefits. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Review Us