McAdams Law
Legal Excellence Backed By A Record Of Success SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Call Today 212-257-9425

If you're 62 or over and have a rent-regulated apartment, the landlord has restrictions on evicting for personal use...

Under rent stabilization, the landlord can deregulate an apartment for his or her personal use or the use of a family member. You have defenses against this because a property owner must still prove that the premises are to be used for the stated purpose. In addition, as a senior citizen, the landlord would be required to find you a similar replacement apartment, at an equivalent rent, in the same neighborhood.

Attention New York City Tenants: Get more information on personal use suits at the McAdams Law main site here.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Review Us